Methodist Medical Center of Oak Ridge offers patients the high level of quality care, technology and service that you’d expect to find in a nationally leading hospital. That’s because Methodist is a leading hospital but offers patients the convenience of a hometown medical center that is close to the support of family and friends.
Methodist’s high level of patient care has been recognized at the state and national levels:
- Ranked by U.S. News & World Report as the No. 5 hospital in Tennessee for 2012-2013.
- One of only 28 out of 1,350 hospitals across the country to receive VHA, Inc.’s Leadership Award for Clinical Excellence.
- Recognized twice by Forbes.com as one of America’s safest hospitals.
- Ranked in the top 11% across the nation for core measures.
- 2012 Platinum Performance Award from American College of Cardiology ACTION Registry for urgent heart care that is 25 minutes faster than the national benchmark.
- Joint Replacement Center and Thompson Cancer Survival Center at Methodist rank in the top 10% nationwide for overall quality of care by Professional Research Consulting (PRC).
- One of only 78 hospitals nationwide to earn the Gold Performance Award from the American College of Cardiology’s ACTION Registry.
- Recipient of The Leapfrog Group’s Spring 2015 Patient Safety award. Methodist has received “Straight A’s” since the score’s inception in 2012.
- In 2015, Methodist’s Oak Ridge Breast Center received a perfect score on the FDA’s Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA) inspection. This was the 19th consecutive year the center got a perfect score.
These awards recognize our hospital’s commitment and success in implementing a higher standard of care for our patients.
SEIU has represented and bargained contracts for registered nurses as well as service & technical employees at Methodist Medical Center since 1966.