Bi-lingual employees have long been used as interpreters at Meharry but were not being properly compensated for their skills. Union action resulted in a monthly pay increase of $100 and an education program that gave workers the opportunity for free classes and another pay raise upon completion of certification.
- Local 205 Vice-President Addresses Lawmakers @ First Metro Council “Public Comment” Session!
- SEIU Endorses Katrina Robinson in Democratic Primary Election in Memphis!
- SEIU Backs School Board Candidates With Real World Experience in Public Education!
- The Good, the Bad & the Ugly with the Metro Budget
- ACTION ALERT — Join the Fight to Protect Nashville’s Schools and Public Employees!
- Latest Vanderbilt Challenge on Union Election Struck Down By NLRB!
- MNPS Support Staff Have A New Union Agreement!
- Hospital Workers Vote to Accept New Union Contract With Methodist Medical Center!
- Workers Rights Board Issues Report on Dispute @ Methodist Medical!
- Crisis Averted (For Now) at Nashville General Hospital Thanks to Activism & Solidarity!