Bi-lingual employees have long been used as interpreters at Meharry but were not being properly compensated for their skills. Union action resulted in a monthly pay increase of $100 and an education program that gave workers the opportunity for free classes and another pay raise upon completion of certification.
- New Union Contract Signed @ Medegen!
- Election 2018: SEIU Supports Joda Thongnopnua in State House District 30!
- Election 2018: SEIU Endorses Allan Creasy in State House District 97!
- Election 2018: SEIU Supports Gabby Salinas in State Senate District 31!
- Election 2018: SEIU Endorses Gloria Johnson in State House District 13!
- Election 2018: SEIU Supports Bob Freeman for State House District 56!
- Chattanooga City Employees Win Raises in 2018 & Move Forward on New Pay Plan & Work Rules!
- Big Election Wins for Union-Endorsed Candidates!
- Local 205 Vice-President Addresses Lawmakers @ First Metro Council “Public Comment” Session!
- 2018 State Legislature Roundup