Bi-lingual employees have long been used as interpreters at Meharry but were not being properly compensated for their skills. Union action resulted in a monthly pay increase of $100 and an education program that gave workers the opportunity for free classes and another pay raise upon completion of certification.
- New Contract at MMC in Oak Ridge!
- SEIU, MNEA, CLC Endorse Stephanie Bradford for School Board
- SEIU Endorses in Nashville School Board Races
- Executive Committee Statement on Racial Justice
- Metro Budget – Significant Wins In Difficult Times
- Where we are with the Metro Budget
- Social Justice Groups, Unions Call on Mayor Cooper to Use CARES Act Funding for Rent, Property Tax and Small Business Relief
- TELL CONGRESS: PROTECT ALL WORKERS
- FYI: The CARES Act and Unemployment Insurance
- COVID-19: Now Is the Time for Safety and Solidarity.