Bi-lingual employees have long been used as interpreters at Meharry but were not being properly compensated for their skills. Union action resulted in a monthly pay increase of $100 and an education program that gave workers the opportunity for free classes and another pay raise upon completion of certification.
- SEIU Ramps Up Pressure About TIF & Corporate Welfare in Nashville!
- SEIU Kicks Off Series of “Roundtable Conversations” About Growth & Budget in Nashville!
- Local 205 Endorses Porterfield in Nashville Council Special Election!
- SEIU & Allies to Metro Council: “Keep Your Promises & Pay Your Bills” to City Employees!
- Spike In COPE Contributors Bolsters 2018 Political Program!
- “Fight for $15” Campaign Achieves Victory in Memphis!
- Vanderbilt NTT Faculty & Grad Students Form New Alliance!
- Pro-Labor Candidates Pull Off Upsets in TN Thanks to SEIU Members’ Activism!
- SEIU Member Named “Activist of the Year” by The Nashville Scene!
- A Call for Justice & Action at Issues Forum in East TN!