When Metro Nashville Public Schools first announced that they would be laying off 130 special-education paraprofessionals, they said it was because of stimulus funding that ran out for recent hires. But as Channel 4’s Nancy Amons discovered, workers with decades of experience and good evaluations were also shown the door.
- A Call for Justice & Action at Issues Forum in East TN!
- New Union Contract Signed @ Medegen!
- Election 2018: SEIU Endorses Gloria Johnson in State House District 13!
- Election 2018: SEIU Supports Bob Freeman for State House District 56!
- Chattanooga City Employees Win Raises in 2018 & Move Forward on New Pay Plan & Work Rules!
- Big Election Wins for Union-Endorsed Candidates!
- Local 205 Vice-President Addresses Lawmakers @ First Metro Council “Public Comment” Session!
- 2018 State Legislature Roundup
- The Good, the Bad & the Ugly with the Metro Budget
- ACTION ALERT — Join the Fight to Protect Nashville’s Schools and Public Employees!