Inclement weather affected our brothers and sisters in the private sector at Medical Action Industries in West Tennessee. When a supervisor told employees that they had to use paid time off (PTO) after a snowstorm, the workers wanted to have the right to choose between PTO, vacation leave, or unpaid leave. Union stewards heard the workers complaints and delivered the concerns to Management. The next day, the policy was reversed.
- Local 205 Endorses Porterfield in Nashville Council Special Election!
- SEIU & Allies to Metro Council: “Keep Your Promises & Pay Your Bills” to City Employees!
- Spike In COPE Contributors Bolsters 2018 Political Program!
- “Fight for $15” Campaign Achieves Victory in Memphis!
- Vanderbilt NTT Faculty & Grad Students Form New Alliance!
- Pro-Labor Candidates Pull Off Upsets in TN Thanks to SEIU Members’ Activism!
- SEIU Member Named “Activist of the Year” by The Nashville Scene!
- A Call for Justice & Action at Issues Forum in East TN!
- New Union Contract Signed @ Medegen!
- Election 2018: SEIU Endorses Gloria Johnson in State House District 13!