Inclement weather affected our brothers and sisters in the private sector at Medical Action Industries in West Tennessee. When a supervisor told employees that they had to use paid time off (PTO) after a snowstorm, the workers wanted to have the right to choose between PTO, vacation leave, or unpaid leave. Union stewards heard the workers complaints and delivered the concerns to Management. The next day, the policy was reversed.
- SEIU Endorses in Nashville School Board Races
- Executive Committee Statement on Racial Justice
- Metro Budget – Significant Wins In Difficult Times
- Where we are with the Metro Budget
- Social Justice Groups, Unions Call on Mayor Cooper to Use CARES Act Funding for Rent, Property Tax and Small Business Relief
- TELL CONGRESS: PROTECT ALL WORKERS
- FYI: The CARES Act and Unemployment Insurance
- COVID-19: Now Is the Time for Safety and Solidarity.
- Union Saves Jobs w/ Creative Solutions @ Lincoln College!
- Major Improvements In New Contract @ Aramark/Meharry!